Best Kitchen Trash Can Reviews and Buying Guide
Every kitchen has a trash can, but not all trash can models are the same and neither are all trash can brands. You need to consider size, model, shape, material, usability, brand and kitchen trash can reviews.
Your trash can may be something that you overlook, but think about it. You use it every day. Don’t you want the best kitchen trash can your money can buy?
Lucky for you, I’ve gone through all of the kitchen bin reviews for you to find you the best trash can on the market! After reading the following trash can reviews, you’ll be able to find the best trash can for you and your kitchen!
Our Top 10 Kitchen Trash Can Chart
Best Kitchen Trash Can Reviews
simplehuman Round Step Stainless Steel Trash Can
simplehuman trash can reviews are always positive because this is one of the best kitchen product brands on the market. This sensor trash can has a dent-proof plastic lid that also has a silent close. It’s the best garbage can for kitchen use.
- 15.4 x 12 x 23.8 inches;
- 5.9 pounds;
- Made of high quality stainless steel.
- 5-year warranted;
- Great price;
- Strong steel pedal lasts for more an 150,000 steps;
- Oversized rim on the edges;
- Patented silent close lid.
- A few reviewers who listed this as the best rubbish bin still said that it did get water marks on it in some instances.
Touchless trash can reviews consistently list this touchless trash can as the very best. If you’re looking for the best kitchen garbage can at a great price, I highly recommend this model.
Nine Stars DZT-80-4 Infrared Touchless Stainless Steel Trash Can
Instead of being operated with a foot pedal, the Nine Stars DZT-80-4 Infrared Touchless Stainless Steel Trash Can uses infrared technology and opens when it senses motion. This makes it great when you’ve got messy hands. This product also seals in odors.
- 14.8 x 18.3 x 28.7 inches;
- 14.8 pounds;
- Made of top quality stainless steel;
- High quality infrared motion sensor technology.
- Super size capacity;
- Locks in odors;
- Appears bagless;
- Made of durable, rust-free stainless steel;
- Battery life is 20 percent longer than most of the best kitchen garbage cans with motion sensors.
- A few reviewers mentioned that even though this is listed as the best garbage can with motion sensor technology, the stainless steel garbage can may have a tendency and open and shut without warning.
In my line of work, this is the best touchless trash can that uses motion sensor technology. If you don’t want the best trash can with pedal operation, this is the stainless steel garbage can you should be considering.
simplehuman Rectangular Step Trash Can, Stainless Steel
In terms of large, rectangular shaped best kitchen bins, this is the best kitchen bin. It has a super sleek appearance that can match the decor of basically any kitchen, the trash bags are virtually hidden inside the bin, odors are locked in, and you can use the product with any type of trash can.
- 12.5 x 15.8 x 25.9 inches;
- 14.3 pounds;
- Made of high quality stainless steel with a durable plastic lid;
- Lid Shox technology.
- Lid Shox technology makes the lid close smoothly without a loud, abrasive noise;
- 5 year limited warranty;
- Use this model with any type of garbage bag and bags always stay hidden;
- Lid is dent proof;
- Strong pedal made of steel;
- Available in all stainless steel or stainless steel and black.
- For not being a motion sensor trash can, this may be a pricier model;
- Stainless steel on this trash can is difficult to keep clean.
For those who are looking for a sleek, large capacity, high quality garbage can for the kitchen, the simplehuman Rectangular Step Trash Can is an excellent choice. It hits all the marks, but you should remember that it is slightly higher in price than some similar models.
Malmo B4300 Set of 3 Brushed Stainless Steel Round Step Trash Can With Lid Combo
The Malmo B4300 Set of 3 Brushed Stainless Steel Round Step Trash Can With Lid Combo is actually 3 of the best kitchen trash cans for the price of one. The largest bin is the best stainless steel trash can for the kitchen, but you can use the other two smaller trash cans for recycling if you like. I know some people who have large kitchens and use multiple bins in the same room as well.
- 15.5 x 15 x 13.4 inches;
- 14.6 pounds;
- Made of quality brushed stainless steel;
- Foot pedal design.
- Get three stainless steel trash bins for a great price;
- Durable and long lasting material;
- Practical circular designs on all three bins;
- Eco-friendly odor free plastic lines the bins.
- Some of the reviews I’ve read did say that they though this trio offered the best trash cans for a large kitchen, but they were disappointed that the stainless steel often got small dents from wear over time.
With this trio of the best kitchen trash cans, you’re getting an amazing value for your money. It’s three cans for less than the price of some other models. The quality is good, and I highly recommend these products.
simplehuman Rectangular Touch-Bar Trash Can Recycler
The simplehuman Rectangular Touch-Bar Trash Can Recycler is one of the best trash cans I have used, and I personally had one. It neatly sorts your trash in its rectangular shape. Choose from three different sizes. Kitchen trash can review:
- 11.4 x 19.7 x 28 inches;
- 17.8 pounds;
- Made of stainless steel.
- You can recycle and throw out trash with this bin;
- Three different sizes to choose from;
- Touch bar makes opening and closing easy without getting dirty.
- Users complained that this was a small garbage can for larger families;
- Some reviewers said that the opening was also too small for throwing away larger amounts of trash.
There are dual bucket bins in this garbage can, so for those that like to recycle, this makes the entire process a lot easier. With that being said, the price is higher for the sortable option, so expect to pay more for a dual binned trash can.
Brabantia Touch Bin
The Brabantia Touch Bin comes in seven different sizes, which is unlike any of the other trash can options here. For this reason, I consider it the best stainless steel garbage can when you want a versatile number of size options.
- 11.8 x 15 x 26 inches;
- 11.2 pounds;
- Made of stainless steel with a finger proof finish.
- Space-saving design;
- Large capacity options to fit your needs;
- Brushed stainless steel doesn’t show fingerprints;
- Has custom-fit liner for the bin.
- Some reviewers mentioned that this product was not air tight;
- Odors were a problem for some buyers of this garbage can.
This is a great kitchen garbage big for chic kitchens. The rectangular shape is extremely sharp. The touch bar for opening is simple to operate and can be used from virtually any angle. Even if you have full arms or dirty fingers, it’s simple to use and handy.
simplehuman Liner Rim Dual Bucket Rectangular Recycler with Liner Pocket
The simplehuman Liner Rim Dual Bucket Rectangular Recycler with Liner Pocket is extremely different in terms of style and fashion. I like to recommend this as the best trash can kitchen lovers will love. In other words, it’s great if you cook a lot or just spend a lot of time working on the design of your kitchen.
- 14.2 x 22 x 25.8 inches;
- 21.3 pounds;
- Made of shiny stainless steel in either rose gold or classic silver.
- Wide pedal for ease of use;
- Available in rose gold and silver;
- Super sleek design in novel colors;
- Easy liner refills that slip into place;
- Two bins for sorting.
- This is a sleekly designed garbage bin, but it is definitely on the pricier side;
- Even though this bin is supposed to lock tightly, some users said they experienced odor leakage;
- A few reviewers were unhappy with the sizes of the bins.
As far as circular stainless steel kitchen trash cans go, this is one of the greats. Choose the capacity you need for your kitchen and use it with any sort of garbage can bags. The opening is wide, and the lid pops out of the way for easy access.
PayLessHere Touchless Automatic Infrared Sensor Trash Can
The PayLessHere Touchless Automatic Infrared Sensor Trash Can is the best trash can for kitchen lovers who want a best touchless trash can motion sensor in their garbage bin. Again, I love the fact that you can get really messy while you cook and not have to worry about dirtying your kitchen garbage can at the same time.
- 25 x 16 x 12 inches;
- Made of stainless steel.
- Can be used with batteries or AC power adapter;
- Infrared technology opens the bin without needing to press a button;
- Adequate volume;
- Great price point.
- Some users were less than satisfied with the quality of item and noticed the lid breaking down over time.
This is a good quality garbage can for the kitchen, but keep in mind that the lower price might reflect a slightly lower quality as well. This model works great with optional AC power adapter, or you have the included battery pack.
simplehuman In-Cabinet Trash Can
Here we are with another top-of-the-line simplehuman trash can. The simplehuman In-Cabinet Trash Can actually hangs in your kitchen cabinetry so that you can put it out of the way. Simply attach it to the frame of the cabinet under or next to your sink for easy access and you’re all set.
- 8.7 x 11.7 x 14.3 inches;
- 3.4 pounds;
- Made of durable black plastic and steel.
- Hangs out of site in your cabinetry;
- Bucket holds securely in place;
- Tailored liners fit perfectly;
- Includes durable steel frame.
- Because this bin needs to fit in a cabinet, the capacity is slightly lower than other models;
- Bin has been known to get off center and cause odor leakage.
I consistently recommend this as the best kitchen trash bin for those who don’t have a lot of space. The bucket securely fastens to the cabinetry for convenience.
Rev-A-Shelf Pull-Out Black and Chrome Waste Container
The Rev-A-Shelf Pull-Out Black and Chrome Waste Container is another trash bin that fits beneath your countertop or sink in the cabinetry. This model is slightly more basic with a 35 quart waste capacity and a simply black plastic design without a lid. Kitchen trash can review:
- 22 x 10.6 x 10.6 inches;
- 12 pounds;
- Made of durable black plastic.
- Quality item for great price;
- Roll-out design won’t weigh down your cabinet doors;
- Hard, durable black plastic that is easy to clean;
- Comes with hardware to install.
- Roll-out mechanism may get worn out and begin to tip down from the weight of trash over time;
- Roll-out mechanism may begin to rust over time;
- Does not come with lid;
- May leak odors because of open top.
I love this trash bin for its simplicity. Again, when you simply don’t have a lot of space in your kitchen, this could be the model you’re looking for. The only thing I don’t like about this model is that it doesn’t have a lid so that odors may become a problem.
Summary and Making Your Final Decision on a Kitchen Trash Can
Are you ready to make a purchase? Remember that having a step operated or motion sensor garbage can in your home can help make everything you do in the kitchen easier. Not only does the best kitchen trash can make cooking and meal prepping much easier, but it also makes your kitchen much cleaner overall. You won’t have to lift the lid of your best stainless steel trash can with hands that have been touching raw meat or the bottom of your sink during clean up, for example. Purchasing a step operated or battery operated trash can is a great decision.
So now’s the time to make your final decision on the best motion sensor trash can or step stainless steel kitchen trash can. As you can see, I’ve provided a number of trash can reviews for your perusal, and I hope you see something you want! Make sure to consider all different aspects of the best garbage cans so that you can make an educated choice when it comes to purchase time. Good luck!